National Park Trust (NPT) is looking for an Education Intern to support our Education Director in expanding and improving NPT’s signature education initiatives including the National Kids to Parks Day and the Where’s Buddy Bison Been?® school program.
About National Park Trust
For nearly 30 years, National Park Trust has remained at the forefront of our country’s efforts to enhance our system of national, state and local parks and has worked on over 200 land preservation projects. NPT has the unique opportunity to make park preservation projects into a thousand teachable moments, by preserving critical parklands and engaging our youth especially those that are underserved in park projects: building awareness and grassroots support, restoring trails, acquiring and preserving parklands and historic sites.
- Coordination of national partner school program and activities
- Organization of project-based learning field trips
- Development of environmental education materials and initiatives
- Collect and collate educational research statistics to support Development Director
- Support staff in outreach to government officials and national partners for National Kids to Parks Day 2013
- Execute National Kids to Parks Day national school contest
- Support in the maintenance of NPT’s youth website
- Upperclassmen pursuing a bachelor's degree, recent graduates or students pursuing a master's degree in education and/or environmental studies.
- Interest in environmental and education issues
- Strong writing and research skills
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Creativity and openness to expressing new ideas
- Excellent organizational skills
This internship requires a commitment of 16-36 hours per week for 10-12 weeks, with a possible extension. Please specify the time period during which you seek to intern. We offer a friendly, informal and progressive work environment. This position is located in Rockville, MD.
Please submit the following to Billy Schrack at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute during an internship with NPT
- Current resume
- Professional or Educational References