Kids to Parks Day National School Contest
The purpose of the contest is to help teachers engage their students with their local parks. This national contest is open to all schools across the country and in the U.S. territories. Students can submit proposals for a KTP event at a park in their community. NPT will award scholarships up to the amount of $1,000 to winning entries for each class. Scholarships will be used by the winners to implement their KTP event during the month of May.
- Students must select a park near their school
- The students must research the park to find out what outdoor recreation activities and educational opportunities are available
- Students must complete the two-page entry form
- One entry form can be submitted per class; more than one entry form can be submitted per school
- We want to hear from the students, so help them develop their ideas, but allow them to complete the proposal in their own words
If the students are unable to complete the proposal for any reason, please contact William Schrack at NPT
- Be creative, video entries and artwork are encouraged!
- Cover letters from teachers are also encouraged but not required
Contest winners will receive:
- Funding for one park experience including school bus transportation, healthy snacks, park related fees, or supplies
- Official award certificate and KTP stickers for students
- A classroom Buddy Bison, our pint-sized woolly mascot to take, on your park adventure
- A featured news story on our website and e-newsletter