National Park Trust Staff
Join Our Team
Youth Programs Intern
NPT seeks a Youth Programs Intern (seasonal) to support the Director of Youth Programs and other youth programs staff. This individual will assist in supporting all aspects of our annual national grassroots movement, Kids to Parks Day which will take place on Saturday, May 20, 2017. The intern will also support our Buddy Bison School Program that provides 60+ schools across the county with unique park experiences and educational assistance focused on the outdoors. Candidates must have strong writing, communication, and organization skills, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and a vision for the growth of the programs. This is a seasonal 24 hour/week paid position for 6 months (Feb.-June). Familiarity with web development, particularly WordPress, is a plus.
Youth Education Programs (80%)
Works on all aspects of NPT’s Kids to Parks Day – kidstoparks.org
• Including emailing and calling mayors across the country and working with national and school partners.
Website Management (20%)
• Maintain and update student centered websites including kidstoparks.org.
• Use social media to enhance NPT’s visibility and reach.
• Assist with web content.
• Strong communication skills (written, phone and in-person). Written documents will include email communications, newsletters, press releases, website content, social media, and other needs that arise.
• Self-starter, able to multitask and maintain high level of professionalism at all times.
• Familiarity with web development, particularly WordPress, is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, and social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
• Basic Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team or independently as needed.
• Creative and open to expressing new ideas.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Willing to be flexible with hours depending on needs of the organization.
*We offer a friendly, informal and progressive work environment. This position is located in Rockville, MD with free parking and is metro rail accessible.
Please submit the following to Chris Rief at Chris@parktrust.org
1. Cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute during an internship with NPT
2. Current resume
3. Professional or Educational References
Interested in volunteering? Contact Maryann Kearns (301) 279-7275 xt. 15